ECommerce is booming, and its future looks brighter than ever.
With this growth in mind, it’s more important than ever that you’re aware of the tools and software available to help you gain an unfair advantage over your growing list of competitors.
That’s why we’ve put together this list of BigCommerce apps that’ll help you improve processes in all areas of eCommerce, from analytics and reporting to marketing and shipping & fulfillment.
1. Fomo | Social Proof Marketing Platform
Fomo is one of the most powerful BigCommerce apps that could really grow your eCommerce business overnight.
As you’re probably aware, FOMO stands for “fear of missing out” and refers to human anxiety we all feel when missing out on something exciting. And this app does just that; it uses live social proof (marketing psychology) to encourage your website visitors to add products to their basket and complete checkouts with haste.
- Fomo roundups: Get meta insights about specific eCommerce store activity by showing messages like “25 people just bought this within the last hour!”
- Turn browser notifications into call-to-action buttons for your visitors to click on
- Create customizable shopping experiences with custom drag and drop page rules
- Broadcast: Automatically post recent sales activity on your Facebook page to drive social traffic
Fomo is perfect for eCommerce businesses that want to increase sales by using instant gratification to capture more of their existing store visitors.
2. Inventory Planner | Sales forecasting for BigCommerce
Research shows that an average eCommerce store has hundreds of thousands of dollars tied to stock it doesn’t have or has too much of.
With Inventory Planner, you won’t have that problem ever again. This app helps eCommerce businesses manage stock more effectively by providing an instant snapshot of how much money is being wasted due to poor stock management practices and which stock is costing you this money.
- Identify poor performing stock to clear
- Predict sales turnover using sales forecast
- Analyze historical stock data to uncover trends and KPIs such as turnover
Inventory Planner is the perfect stock management assistant for eCommerce stores housing many products and SKUs. Rather than keeping hold of every product variation hoping they’ll all shift, Inventory Planner will analyze past sales data and tell you which stock to clear and how much to buy, saving you time and money.
3. Shogun - Landing Page Builder
Next on our list is Shogun, a drag-and-drop landing page builder for BigCommerce stores.
You may be thinking, “isn’t there already hundreds of drag-and-drop landing page builders?” Sure, there are. But Shogun isn’t like the others.
With Shogun, you can build high-converting landing pages faster, as it borrows visual styles from your existing BigCommerce store’s theme. This makes creating marketing campaigns and product promotions seamless and stress-free.
- Extensive library of elements to bring your landing pages to life
- Mobile responsive
- Incredibly responsive support and knowledge base
Whether you’re a developer or not, Shogun enables you to fly through the creative process of creating landing high-converting landing pages with ease.
4. Boost Sales by Beeketing
If you have ever shopped at Amazon, you probably have encountered upselling and cross-selling, especially on their product page. Amazon announced that when they first introduced these techniques in 2006 (using the phrase “who bought this also bought”), their sales increased by 35%.
Boost Sales app was born to do the same for your online store. When customers view or add an item to cart, Boost Sales will show a popup that suggests other items that can alternate or complement with items customers choose. So customers can consider to switch or buy more from the bundle it suggests.
- Upsell: recommend customers to purchase a more expensive model, or to augment the original model with additional features.
- Cross-sell: bundle up complementary products that should be bought together.
- Smart Upsell & Smart Cross-sell: Besides custom offers, this feature automatically suggests potential upsell & cross-sell products based on customers’ interests and browsing behaviors.
- Last-step Upsell: When customers enter your cart page, this feature sells even more by up-selling personalized items based on their cart.
5. Trusted Site Reviews
According to Search Engine Land, 88% of consumers vouch for online reviews as being just as effective if not more than a personal recommendation. The truth is undeniable, social proof is one of the biggest deciding factors on whether a prospective customer will buy from you or not.
Enter, Trusted Site Reviews - a verified purchase review app for BigCommerce stores.
By enabling and displaying reviews from verified customers on your store, customers will feel more comfortable buying your products as your verified reviews also suggest the product is a wise investment.
After all, past customers are much better at alleviating prospective buyer’s objections than any marketer can.
- Free and unlimited review request emails and website reviews
- Share your best reviews on social media
- Respond to reviews to foster trust and maintain brand reputation
Integrate Trusted Site Reviews with your BigCommerce store today and watch your reviews build and sales climb.
6. Google Shopping by Sales & Orders
Google Shopping by Sales & Orders enables you to list your products on Google Shopping by setting up an approved product data feed for your Merchant Center account.
- Automatically sync your feed with Merchant center as your store is updated
- Identifies feed errors with missing vital attributes needed for correction
- Modify products using write rules for the Gender and Age Group attributes if you sell accessories and apparel
- Add or remove products from your product feed one time or in bulk
- Manage Google settings at account level such as Adworks linking, VAT taxes support and changing your Shipping & Tax settings
Our free app also has an excellent reputation for seamless feed migration and hands-on support, making this app a top contender for BigCommerce customers.
If you’re looking for a BigCommerce app that provides automatic feed building, product ID matching and error reporting, look no further.
7. Personalized Product Recommendations by Beeketing
Research shows that giving customers a personalized web experience is a surefire way to increase sales and keep them coming back.
ECommerce stores such as ASOS do this brilliantly by offering product recommendations based on previous and live customer behavior. This works so well because people feel like their specific needs are being catered to.
It’s no surprise that by catering to your customers’ needs and wants, they’ll trust you, buy from you and tell all their friends about the wonderful experience they just said.
Personalized Product Recommendations by Beeketing was built to help you do just that. Within 2 minutes of installing the app you will be able to:
- Provide powerful product suggestions based on past customer purchases and website activity
- Tailor product recommendations to each individual customer based on a wide set of parameters
- Present the hottest selling products from your store onto your homepage
- Manually hand-pick specific products to customers based on what they’re currently viewing
- Zero upfront costs, pay 4% of extra sales generated by the app. If you make no extra sales, it costs nothing.
If increasing your average order values and reducing cart abandonment rates is important to you, then integrate this app into your BigCommerce store today.
8. Unbound Commerce | Apptive
Every eCommerce store must have a pixel-perfect mobile shopping experience. Having a mobile-responsive website is not enough. You need a custom native app, built from the ground up, to aid your customers along their buyer’s journey.
Buy why? Your eCommerce store is already mobile-responsible right?
Mobile apps are built to help increase efficiency and reduce frustration for the end user.
Not only will having a mobile native app reduce the number of steps a customer has to take to see your store, you will also be able to engage with visitors more directly through the use of push notifications and other technology to provide a faultless shopping experience.
Say hello to Apptive by Unbound Commerce - An app platform for building highly engaging native apps to increase conversions for your BigCommerce store.
- Android and iOS commerce apps within the same project
- In-app messaging and mobile push notifications
- Very fast development
- Review app mockups and wireframes
- Integrated directly into your BigCommerce store via API
The time to get on the mobile train was yesterday. With Apptive, you’ll be able to launch a mobile native app quickly without hassle.
9. Rebillia Platform
The Rebillia platform is one of the most powerful ecommerce apps I’ve ever seen. It essentially gives your ecommerce store a treasure-trove of revenue boosting tools you can only find when shopping with ecommerce giants like Amazon.
As you’re probably aware, subscription-based selling is proven to drive more long-term revenue, reduce churn and increase customer lifetime value.
Here’s a couple ways the Rebillia platform can help your eCommerce store grow.
- Allow customers to subscribe to as many products on your store as often as they want
- Customers can save their credit cards for future purchases
- Prevent recurring declined orders by having access to full order information
- Manually create orders and process over the phone orders
- Inventory forecasts 6 months ahead, so you know when and how much stock to order
- Integrated into your BigCommerce store without redirections, account changes or ads
- No contracts, pay-as-you-go, 14-day free trial
Take your sales to the next level with Rebillia’s powerful platform designed to make your ecommerce store work harder for you.
With over 25% of ecommerce retailers using dropshipping as their primary method of order fulfilment, dropshipping is proving to be very profitable.
But in order to make it work, you need quality products from vetted suppliers. Modalyst for BigCommerce is a platform for sourcing millions of products from suppliers in the US and European Markets.
Here’s some of their key features:
- Source products from Shein and Wish.com
- Add products in one-click
- Real-time product feeds, with latest product information, images, prices and more
- Edit product information before you add it to your BigCommerce store
- Profit calculator
If sourcing profitable products to dropship is important to your eCommerce business then Modalyst will come in handy, by giving you access products from over 40 categories you can add to your BigCommerce store immediately.
Finally, we have ShipperHQ - a shipping rate calculator allowing you to provide rates your customers in real-time, as they’re shopping on your store.
With ShipperHQ you can calculate custom shipping rates at the country, state and postcode level whilst taking into consideration the weight and dimensions of a package.
The biggest benefit of proper shipping management is accuracy. When set up correctly, you’ll be able to lower churn, increase your average order value and reduce cart abandonment as you and your customers won’t bare the brunt of inaccurate or high shipping costs.
- Create dynamic carrier rules to control which rates are shown and when
- Calculate shipping rates based on location, product weight, quantity
- Add multiple carriers or add existing carriers accounts to apply your own rates
- Get advanced shipping tools for dimensional shipping, multi-origin, LTL freight and dropshipping
In addition to this, ShipperHQ helps eCommerce businesses to increase customer satisfaction and trust by providing shipping information to customers once an order has been made.
As you can see, e-commerce businesses need to think outside of the box to continue driving sales and revenue as competition in all markets have risen. The apps mentioned here are powerful in their own right, but make sure you do your due diligence to identify how they can fit in your eCommerce business.